Before scheduling cosmetic surgery at Fresh Face + Eye, you’ll have a consultation with our board-certified oculoplastics surgeon, Dr. Baljeet Purewal, whose specialization is cosmetic eyelid surgery.
During this consultation, you’ll discuss your medical history, including:
- Any previous surgeries
- Current or past medical conditions, like glaucoma, thyroid problems, or diabetes
- Any current medications you’re taking
- Tobacco and alcohol intake
The consultation also serves as an opportunity to discuss your cosmetic goals. What do you want out of the surgery? How do you want your eyelids to look after recovery?
This discussion with your surgeon helps create realistic expectations and provides you with your desired results.
Although every patient is different, you’ll likely need the following before surgery:
- A physical exam to ensure you’re in good health
- A complete examination, which allows us to measure your eyelids
- Eyelid photography to help plan the surgery
If you smoke or use other nicotine products, we’ll ask you to quit several weeks prior to your procedure. Smoking reduces your ability to heal and recover from surgery.
We may also ask you to stop taking certain medications or supplements that may increase bleeding.
Additionally, you’ll want to bring someone who can drive you home from surgery. It’s also a good idea to have someone stay with you for a day or two while you recover.